Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Advantages and Disadvantages in Implementing ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) in Education

When talking about the advantages and disadvantages in implementing ICT in education in our country the first question that raises is: have we at least enough access to the Information and Communication Technologies? In my case, for instance, that I consider privileged because I work in a school that has economical means, I have not enough access to technologies. I work in classrooms that only have record machines. Access to a tv set and to a dvd player is limited, and under schedule, because the number of devices is few, not to mention that the Technology lab, thought it has got around 40 computers, is extremely requested and can barely host a one-and-a-half-hour class by group each week.
Now it is true, as well, that the CALL, that is the subject that I'm interested in here, is also a very autonomous tool and kids nowadays are highly trained in computer usage. Most of them, what is more, own one, what counterbalances to some extend the lack of time at school.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Viviana Lopez says:

I think that your information is apropriate to know the institution. I lkied the pictures because they gave me the correct idea for the school.